How to set up shipping
Please note if you need help, go to the last page on this tutorial, there are instructions for reaching out for support. Also, if you suspect there is an error or a bug, please let us know so we can correct the issue.
Vendors need to navigate to Store→Vendor Dashboard→Settings→Shipping.
From here, a vendor can add shipping methods by clicking on Edit or Add Shipping Method.
Click on United States and edit if you need to. We are currently only focusing on the United States at this time.
From here vendors can choose to limit zone location for his customers and also add new shipping methods.
Below shows the options available to you to set up. Should you choose. Free shipping is already set up for you. We recommend you factor your cost of shipping into your product to cover the offer of free shipping. We understand everyone has to make a profit.
The other options you can flip to green and set up should you have a need to do so for shipping.
In this way, vendors can add unlimited shipping methods. By hovering over the shipping method, vendors can edit and delete. And the toggle button can be used to enable/disable a shipping method.
Vendors can also limit zone location using postcodes that apply to customers purchasing from that zone. You can limit by State and or zip codes to areas you want to sell into. Your option to decide or ship to the entire US. See picture below
Next to shipping settings is a star like icon in a box. When you click on that icon
You have the ability to add the shipping policy and processing time to your store. A vendor now can set his/her own shipping policy and shipping processing time for the customers.
Please see picture below.
There is also a refund policy in this area also. We do want you to honor our refund policy of 30 days no questions asked to keep customers happy, build trust, and create loyalty.
Click on shipping and you will be taken back to your shipping zones. Picture is below.
From here, a vendor can add shipping methods by clicking on Edit or Add Shipping Method by clicking on the green high lighted United State link. You will be taken to a screen that looks like this. Screen shot below. You have shipping options that you can offer your customers besides free shipping if you choose.
Each Shipping Zone can have different(and multiple) Flat Rates if you wish.
1. To make changes to a shipping method, vendor needs to enable flat rate shipping by clicking the button to on and it turns green then click Edit under flat rate shipping.
2. Vendor can change the Title if he wants to or keep it as default. This title displays to customers in checkout.
3. Next he has to add the Cost (this is applied to the entire cart).
4. Select its Tax Status (define whether or not tax is applied to the shipping amount).
5. You can also type a Description for this method if you prefer.
5. Click on Save Settings.
Shipping Classes – Vendor Settings
Shipping classes won’t apply unless the vendor specifies from Edit Product. See picture below.
The vendor can access them from his/her own dashboard.
The vendor can specify shipping class costs for all the shipping classes that admins have created. Vendors will be able to access these classes for the Flat Rate method only.
The vendor can specify his own conditional rates for the shipping classes.
Then select the cost when no shipping class will apply.
You can also select the Calculation Type:
- Per Class: Shipping rates will apply accordingly class-wise.
- Per Order: Shipping rates will apply on the total order cost, and the most expensive shipping class rate will apply.
Configuring Product-wise shipping class
- Navigate to Store→Vendor Dashboard→Products. Please see screenshot below.
- Select the product you want to add shipping class to by hovering on the product name and click on Edit.
- Scroll down to the section that reads Shipping and Tax.
- 4. First enable the checkbox “This Product Requires Shipping”.
- 5. Next, input the details as required for weight, length, width and height.
- 6. Now select the shipping class you want to apply to this product from the drop-down.
- 7. Select Tax Status and Tax Class.
- 8. Click on Save Product.
- Note: Each product can have one shipping class.
The rule is if the Flat Rate and Shipping Class rate both are defined, then both will apply when the customer is checking out. Please see screenshot below.
For example, if you have set Flat Rate at $10, and Precious Items Shipping Class Cost at $10*[qty], and your customer select 1 gold bracelet, then your shipping cost will be $10+$10* = $20.
Note: You must set the shipping class for this particular product from Vendor Dashboard→Products→Edit→Shipping and Tax so it works.
In Local Pickup, customers can pick up the order themselves from a designated location. Please see screenshot below.
1. To make changes, hover over the shipping method and click on Edit. Don’t forget to enable the setting for local pickup by turning it on and it shows green.
2. Enter a Title that displays to customers in checkout – some shops change the title to Local Delivery, for example.
3. Enter Cost – Cost for the option, is applied to entire cart.
4. Select Tax Status. Then click on Save Changes.
Same for the cart view for any enabled shipping option, the customer will see the shipping options avail to them on check out.
Thanks for going over this tutorial on how to set up your store’s shipping. We hope you found this information helpful to you. If you have questions, reach out to us. We usually respond within 24 hours.
If you get stuck at any time, please use the support button to reach out to me. There is a support button in your dashboard which is for receiving and responding to messages from other sellers, customers, or potential customers.
To start a conversation with me, you will need to go to my store page Breaie and click on get support and send me a message. The same procedure can be used to communicate with other online sellers.